What goes better together than the sweet and tangy combination of strawberry and orange? Check out this recipe for a decadent keto strawberry and orange swirl cheesecake using Sonora Keto Pan Dulce Mix as the crust!
Sonora Keto Pan Dulce Mix brings the hints of orange and anise to make this a cheesecake you won't find anywhere!
FOR THE CRUST
1 bag Sonora Keto Pan Dulce Mix
2/3 cup water
FOR THE FILLING
32 oz (four 8-oz blocks) cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup sour cream
1-1/3 cup allulose (or preferred sweetener)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
6 large eggs
FOR THE TOPPING
Sugar free caramel topping, as desired (optional)
Fresh strawberries or sugar-free strawberry topping, as desired
- Make pan dulce dough according to the instructions on the back of the Sonora Keto Pan Dulce Mix bag.
- Line 9” x 13” baking dish with parchment paper. (This will make it easier to pull the cheesecake out and cut into squares.)
- Spread pan dulce dough evenly across bottom of baking dish.
- Bake crust at 350°F for 25 minutes until golden.
- Let crust cool.
- Next make filling by mixing cream cheese, allulose, sour cream, vanilla and salt.
- Mix eggs in, one at a time, adding the next egg after the prior egg is blended in.
- Pour the filling across the crust and spread evenly.
- Add caramel and gently swirl the caramel into the filling.
- Bake at 325°F for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes or until middle is wiggly but not runny. Top should be golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 45 minutes.
- Chill for 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add fresh strawberries or strawberry topping.