You don't have to make tamales to enjoy the flavor! Use Sonora Keto Tamale Masa to make this fantastic keto tamale casserole recipe!
Tamale Masa Ingredients:
Mexican Chicken Topping Ingredients:
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Tamale Masa ingredients listed above. Mix well.
- Grease a 9X9 casserole dish with olive oil spray, then pour in the tamale masa mix and smooth out across the bottom of the dish (and along the sides if you wish).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the tamale masa. Then pour half of the enchilada sauce over it. Set aside.
- Place the chicken into a mixing bowl, along with the taco seasoning and remaining enchilada sauce. Mix well.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the tamale masa and top with the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is browned.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Then top with scallions, cilantro, and tomatoes.